Thursday, January 8, 2009

While I'm Waiting

I love the song by John Waller "While I'm Waiting". I heard it a few months ago when my friend Kesha played it before a Sunday School lesson. The last few months I have been stuck in a time of waiting. Basically I need a J-O-B. When I say need I don't mean I would like to have or we could use the money...I mean I am in need of a job. We are really struggling. I know that the same thing can be said by people all over this country right now. Everyone is looking for a job it seems. I have tried to be patient. I have submitted applications and resumes left and right. But I am just not getting call backs. I don't really understand what is going on. Except that God has the perfect job for me and I have not crossed paths with it yet. So I continue to wait. I am trying to take every step in obedience. I am trying not to get discouraged. I am trying not to believe the lies of the enemy that God has forgotten me and my needs. I am trying not to think about what we will do to pay the bills and buy the groceries in the coming weeks. I am trying to just wait patiently, do my part and let God do his. I fail often. I have moments when I just burst into tears out of frustration. I have moments when I can feel the breath of God on me and I know that he is for me and not against me. So I choose to continue waiting...taking every step in obedience...while I'm waiting. Please Lord act soon...but if not...send me comfort...While I'm Waiting!

No comments: