Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pity, Pride, Pits, Traps, and Mud Holes


Ever been in a mud hole? Ever got out of a mud hole and felt that icky sticky stuff dry to your skin? It's pretty miserable isn't it? Well when you find yourself wallowing in a spiritual mud hole it feels about the same. I am a little upset with myself. We know the tricks and snares of the enemy but we fall into them time and again. I know that when I am praying for something for other people I should always look at myself first to see if I am lacking in the item of prayer. But still I find myself up to my neck in some sort of pity, pride, or sin and look around like how did I get here?! Well I have learned to recognize it pretty rapidly. At least I don't wallow in it for days at a time like I once did. However I wish I could just miss those pits, traps, and mud holes all together. I guess if I went long enough without winding up with a face full of mud then I would forget to be thankful for Grace. So I will continue to try to live out Philippians 3:13 and 14 and "forget what lies behind and strain forward to what lies ahead" I must "press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." I'll be the first to tell you that left to my own demise things would get bleak but I have a loving Father that I can pray to as Daniel did:

Daniel 9:17 Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by your name. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy. 19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name.”


I know that he will pay attention and act, praise God for HIS righteousness!!! He's got enough for us both!


Until next time...

No comments: