Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to School


Well the school year is officially underway and as I often do at this time of year I want to spend a little time looking back. I can not believe how big Sarah and Colton are, it seems like just a few days ago when Sarah's preschool teacher came to the house to visit her and she cried because she didn't want to sit next to them for a picture.
Yesterday was the first half day of school they did great. (I know this picture is grainy but my camera is out of order so my cell had to do.) This morning I walked her into her first full day as a 4th grader and she hugged me went and put her stuff up and sat down. Where are the tears and the 1 more hugs? Colton walked into 2nd grade and did the same thing. I remember thinking I would be so glad when they were older and didn't cry for me. Now I am not so sure. I guess it did something for my ego to know that I was such an awesome mom they couldn't imagine being away from me for even a few hours. I guess that reality sets in even at 7 and 9.


So today was our first real day, they had school all day and I had to come to work for awhile. Things are going to be crazy for us for awhile. Mitchell is going back to school full time for work I am going to school full time and working full time and the kids are both in school. Thank God my Step-Mom is quiting her job soon. I don't know what I would do if she didn't "fill in" for me for the next few months. It's so good for the kids to have a routine for after school and I am glad I don't have to pay half my pay check for after school care. God's timing is impeccable. He has made a way for me to do what I need to do and still provided a loving, Christian environment for my kids to thrive in. (they aren't moving in or anything...despite their Mamaw Lene and Papaw Jack's best tries :) they are just going there after school and until one of us finally get home at the end of the day so they will be doing homework and stuff there.) Again I am so thankful for all of my family! My Aunt and my mom will be filing in when Lene is busy and of course Mitchell's Mom is a great back up too. We are truly blessed with family. I hope everyone else is having a great first week of school also! Until next time....

No comments: